Monday 1 February 2010

Giant step for Frostykind

I've put my hand up for Voluntary Redundancy! Strictly speaking I'm not eligable as I'm outside the areas they want to cut, but they're looking to reduce management by 50% & are only offering quarter the usual amount so it's worth a punt as they'll want to get the headcount down.

Dunno how I expected to feel really, but it's almost like ending a relationship...know you've tried all you can & it's finally time to walk away, but doesn't stop you hoping the other party will wake up and realise what they've got. Work-based counsellor said "
It is their loss - who else is going to do what you have been doing? They'll leave it then they'll pay a team of Consultants shed-loads of dosh to come in and tell us how we could do resource planning better and will come up with the same ideas as you!"

Ironically this morning the Technical Director of another Sector of the business asked for a meeting tomorrow as he wants to adopt the approach I've suggested then I had a further call from someone elsewhere in the organisation asking for more information about what information the systems could provide.
Ah well, as the saying goes, sometimes you don't know what you've got until it's gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment