Thursday 3 March 2011

One year ago to this very day

I took up a new job and headed off to Afghanistan to learn about the organisation and ended being training on loading and firing an assortment of guns as well as doing some offensive and defensive driving in a B6 armoured vehicle. Hard to believe that's a whole 12 months ago as it's whizzed by so fast! This business is really something else....still as exciting and challenging as it first seemed...Today I've been dealing with stuff as diverse as security clearances, bid non-compliance and clinical governance, as well as doing a Skype interviews with an prospective Aviation Security Director based in Italy & a Logistics Director in Qatar....somehow doubt it will ever become mundane and boring...far, far more chance of me getting burnt out!!!

2 comments:

  1. The gun firing sounds fun – suppose you had to give them back though? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately they had to be passed back...couldn't even sneak out the Smith & Wesson which was my fave.

    ...there's many a day when I wish I had one to hand ;o)

    ReplyDelete