Saturday 3 March 2012

Flipping heck!

just when I'd started to think about staying put an offer of employment lands in my in box!!! If that had arrived a couple of months ago I would never have given accepting a second thought but things have improved at work; I have a new boss and approval to get the staffing levels closer to where they need to be and consequently am enjoying work again.

The offer is highly tempting but I think I'm having a mild crisis of confidence and need to try to reason out my concerns....I've actually showed a couple of friends the job spec and asked them to take a critical view on whether there's anything that they think is beyond me. I can't help fretting they want something i can't deliver. I mean, I have no idea about their business sector at all, nor half the countries they operate in!! There's a stack of stuff to do, half of which I've never actually put into practise on that sort of scale.... plus no direct reports so all influencing.... Can't help worrying it's too big a step for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment