Monday 14 December 2009

Now suitably old-arsed

I've decided it's 'necessary' to start to do all the things I missed out on whilst raising the kids & trying to juggle the day job. Indications of mid-life crisis are relatively minor so far with acquisition of biker jacket possibly the first sign, shortly followed by the events of last night - Depeche Mode at the NEC...re-living my youth! :o)
Superb gig...brilliant atmosphere, excellent sound and fab light show. Loved the mix of old and new tracks just the right balance and the crowd were really into it. Not bad for a group of blokes my age plus ;o) Miss Sensible who was attending her first ever gig was suitably impressed.

Only low point was the bad journey back... the NEC parking arrangements are rubbish and when we finally got onto the M42 the Highways Agency had closed two lanes hence only getting in at gone 1am. Took me ages to get to sleep as I was still buzzing from the gig they were sooo good.

More pics at
http://www.depechemode-live.com/091213_birmingham/index.htm
with credit to Paul who captured it all so well & John Corner for pointing me in the right direction for these snaps when mine were so rubbish.

No comments:

Post a Comment