Friday 22 January 2010

Bl**dy Insurance Fraudsters

- & that's a reference to the insurance company and loss adjusters!

The Loss Adjuster finally visited today at lunch time which necessitated me coming home from work. We went through the claim details and she looked at the landing ceiling, taking measurements of the height and length etc. but didn't other with the roof because it was raining and she'd forgotten her camera. Fortunately I'd taken photos for my records so emailed them to her after she left.

Late this afternoon she phoned to say they repudiate the claim. They're basically arguing that the roof leaking is due to poor maintenance, and the ensuing internal damage is therefore as a result of that, so that are not prepared to sanction payment for anything! I was furious!! I've always taken out accidental damage cover 'just in case', and it's only seven years since the roof was overhauled & is clearly in good order. Needless to say I had a wobbly 'cos the builder's only done a temporary fix and it's precipitating down outside so the whole thing could leak yet again!!!

I've lodged a formal complaint with the insurance company but they can't progress it until the loss adjusters paperwork reaches them which will be next week due to the fact they don't work weekends. Paid insurance premiums of c.£500p.a. for the last six years and not claimed. So I've spent virtually as much on insurance premiums as the damage I now need to pay for. Looks like I'm on for a battle to get this resolved. Totally hacked off!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment