Monday 11 January 2010

Sax education

Spent half an hour freezing my bits off waiting for Miss Sensible outside her sax teachers...brrrr. The good news is they think she's ready to do her next grade which she's dead chuffed about...& better still I get a new set of pieces to listen to :o) Although no doubt I will be equally bored by them in a few weeks...

What is slightly worrying is that a 14yr old is discussing how many UCAS points she will get if she passes. It's mad how the government policy on Universities has made things so competitive that kids are focusing three years ahead. I think when I was her age I was more interested in whether I could see the boys playing rugby when I was in my cookery lesson! (mis-spent youth) I do think there are so many things that make them grow up too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment