Friday 13 May 2011

Apologies for the break in communications

I've been up to my neck with a variety of stuff and rather than whinge on-line I've just kept quiet. I must admit I didn't think anyone would notice as I haven't had any comments on the blog for ages...but apparently they do, and what's more seem to care what was happening (thank you Gillian!)

So herewith a brief synopsis of life in the last month or so...

Dad's condition took a turn for the worse. After having tumour removed from his lung last year (this is on top of previously having prostrate cancer and a heart attack), he was then diagnosed a degenerative form of bronchitis, only for him to develop pneumonia...hence I've spent time with them when I've had chance.

Work's been pretty pants too. I absolutely love the job but there's a stack of change at the moment which in an Alpha Male environment is a potent mix of testosterone and politics which frequently surprisingly results in 'handbags at dawn'...not what I expected from roughie toughie types but...

On top of that all three children have exams at the moment: Strident Student's finals...she's majorly stressed and in that vicious circle where she knows it's having an adverse effect on her concentration so is consequently worrying she won't get a 2:1...meanwhile Miss Sensible's quietly beavering away at her GCSEs, and Minor Mayhem is coasting through his year 8 exams.

So a few distractions from life as a Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment