Tuesday 8 May 2012

'D' day

In the end I could procrastinate no more and have finally accepted the Head of Resourcing role with the company who approached me all those months ago. I will depart my current employer later this month. The irony is I am absolutely loving the job at the moment as there's so much interesting stuff to do. We're moving into a whole heap of new territories which brings with it all kinds of practical, cultural and commercial issues....precisely the sort of stuff I thrive on. That said, I have to concede that when it's bad, it's spectacularly bad, and as the saying goes, "there's no security in Security"....add to that the fact that other than the business unit in which I am based, there's nowhere I'd want to work in the wider organisation. So, it's off to Built Asset Management Consultancy I go! It was a tough decision...but almost to a man, all who've stuck their two-penneth in about the 'should I stay or should I go' saga have pointed out the new role is a huge opportunity, good for one's career and has obvious financial benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment