Friday 2 October 2009

Putting life in perspective

Just before I went on holiday I saw one of my friends, Sue. regular get-together where we chatted about life, the universe and everything... joked about her upcoming 25th wedding anniversary celebrations and her son going off to Uni. I came back from vacation and heard the news she'd been diagnosed with terminal cancer. It's indescribable what a major shock it was to everyone, and the progress at which the disease spread was terrifying. I managed to see her and despite the enormous pain she was obviously in she was remarkably brave and positive. Within the week she was transferred to the local hospice & this morning I heard she'd passed away. She was just 48yrs old. The adage 'life's too short' doesn't begin to describe it....

No comments:

Post a Comment