Wednesday 13 January 2010

Life is 'interesting' as they say in China

Work-wise things have been a lot better senior management seem to be spending all their time positioning themselves for the future. Politics are rife and co-operation/teamwork minimal. Frustrating as hell trying to get things approved/done. Still got plenty of diverse things to do; a major grievance to deal with; small redundancy programme plus the performance management of the sales team and the on-going resource planning system upgrade. Problem is they're not really what I want to do. Kind of hope the new CEO is going to turn things around and there'll be something for me with where I am. Perhaps I’ve just become too comfortable where I am because I know so much about the business, it’s customers/ competition plus half the senior management but I feel I know what needs to be done in the field I work in & desperately want to make the necessary improvements. So far I've been held back to some extent by people who don't 'get it' :o/

So I tentatively thought about looking around only to be approached by someone I used to work with. I've been offered a role with a FTSE 100 company job as Head of Resourcing for a major Division, good money, car allowance, bonus, 25 days holiday. Decision whether to jump ship is difficult. I need to feel its right to do something but with my analytical/intellectual head on, it's a bigger more financially stable company, challenging role, opportunity to travel internationally and more money. On the negative side it would impact on the kids as I'd be away more than I am now so extra curricular activities may suffer for a lack of taxi. Lists of pros and cons normally works but when I get to the 'do I REALLY want to go' question it stays blank. Question is am I being nïave/daft?? Maybe I should sleep on it for a while and hopefully let the answer bubble up...

No comments:

Post a Comment