Sunday 10 January 2010

Trip down Memory Lane

Watched 'Letter to Brezhnev' (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089477) today whilst trying to plough my way through the Himalayan mountain range of ironing. I can hardly believe the film's 25yrs old! I worked in Liverpool at the time it was released and have such fond memories of that period. I used to walk past many of the locations every day which made the whole thing seem real. The story line's a bit of a predictable chick flick, plus slightly naff at times, but it's great looking back on the 80's fashion and seeing the scene at the State Ballroom which is where I sometimes went to party, probably wearing not dissimilar outfits & hairdos (she says cringing). So much has changed since then...I've been back a few times and found the City's been totally regenerated with the development of the Albert Dock area, and then significant further investment having been voted City of Culture 2008.
And who'd have thought that Peter Firth would go on to be Harry in 'Spooks'!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment