Wednesday 7 April 2010

The following day

the long suffering Strident Student's boyfriend transported the sprogs back to base whilst I took my Dad to the hospital for his biopsy. I had to leave him at the hospital whilst they kept him in for observation in case his lungs deflated or there were any other complications. To take my mind off things I did a bit of a nostalgia trip around St.Helens, checked out the old haunts, re-visited my old school, went back to look at the first house house I bought when I had the baby Strident Student...only a 2up, 2down but I loved it...felt I'd really achieved something when I bought it. It was so run down and dilapidated but everyone pulled to in order to get it habitable. I was donated furniture, carpets, cooker and even an old bathroom suite. I've never forgotten people's kindness or the hours friends put in plastering & decorating. Despite the circumstances we had a great laugh and loved living there.

No comments:

Post a Comment