Thursday 27 May 2010

Off on my travels again

It's been greatcoats on, greatcoats off, regularly for the last couple of weeks due to the operational tempo out in Iraq, but things are now slightly more settled so the trip's firmly back on the agenda and I fly out this weekend. The environment over there is slightly more dangerous than Afghanistan at present due to the political unrest etc. Consequently I've been allocated a dedicated Close Protection guy and will travel everywhere in a convoy of three cars with mine in the middle to minimise the risk...all feels slightly surreal but surprisingly I reckon I can deal with it.


Think I’ve got what I need clothes wise, but need to pick up some bits my boss recommended since she got back; anti-bacterial gel, travel toilet roll and one of those micro towels...sanitation is not as we know it Jim. As per usual I'm only able to take a carry-on case so it'll be a bit of a creative packing challenge!! Gather there’s no hot water in the villa where I'll be based and that the bathroom is across the landing overlooking the offices…don’t ask!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment