Saturday 29 May 2010

One step forward

two steps back...

Got a phone call last night to say my Dad had been rushed into hospital unable to breathe. They've run some tests & X-rays and discovered he'd got an infection on the lung which they removed the tumour from so they kept him in. Fortunately they've now decided it's treatable so have let him home but will monitor the situation.

As if that's not enough to be fretting about, Gulf News reported that Iraqi airways have been dissolved! Rallyman tried to reassure by telling me that the whole thing is a technicality to change the name and get them off the hook with Kuwait and reckons it will all blow over quickly but I can't help wondering whether I might get stranded in Dubai or Baghdad!!! I'm very conscious that the sum of my necessities for a week are crammed into a handbag & carry on case (& that includes my laptop!) on the basis that at least that way I can be sure I arrive with some belongings as I somehow doubt the guys will be able to lend me anything suitable & reckon it's a fair assumption the shopping experience in Baghdad is probably not up to much ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment