Sunday 12 June 2011

Invite to Queenie's Birthday Bash

One of the ex. Army chaps in my team very kindly managed to obtain a couple of tickets to the Queen's Birthday parade aka Trooping the Colour. Who could resist the opportunity to go to something as unique an occasion as that? Ms. Cor-Blimey and I duly accepted and yesterday I found myself on the even more ridiculous o'clock train down to London suitably attired in line with the formal dress code.


When we got to Horseguards Parade the place was buzzing with an atmosphere like a pop concert. There were gentlemen in morning suits, ladies with stunning outfits, and hats & fascinators which wouldn't have been out of place at Ascot, as well as Diplomats in their traditional dress. The parade itself was superb...faultless. I'm not really much of a Royalist but I couldn't help feeling very proud of our heritage.


No comments:

Post a Comment