Wednesday 7 March 2012

Decisions, decisions

Well I reckon I've taken ample soundings & advice from those who know me well work-wise (particular thanks to Ms. Cor-Blimey & Mr. Futures Positive). After mulling things over considerably the decision is to take a punt on the new job. It's not about the dosh, more about the chance to leave behind the crapola of the current place, and try something different. I know diddly squat about the new sector, but then again what did I know about security or the Middle East 2 yrs ago, and probably considerably less re. electronic surveillance & cyber security etc. 12 yrs ago...but managed to blag my way through a career in both those sectors ok :D

I had a good natter to my prospective boss about some housekeeping stuff such as the amount of travel involved/time away from home so I could square that away with the sproglets as they are the ones who feel it most when I'm not there. They get why I want to do it, what it means for them etc. and have encouraged me to sign on the dotted line, so I spent the afternoon filling in a stack of forms accepting the position, and signing up for death in service, medical cover etc. Only thing left to do is have the conversation with my current boss....gulp!

No comments:

Post a Comment