Thursday 18 March 2010

6am skyline

Pretty, but seeing slightly more of this rather than my family, than I would like. Having got home at 10.30pm twice this week I thought it warranted leaving the office early to test the wireless connectivity ...doesn't work so trying to do emails on BlackBerry yet again :o/ Maybe I should sue for 'BlackBerry thumb' as it's been nicknamed ;o)

Manic work-wise at the mo. Soooo much to do, and a great deal of 'coaching' required for the managers. The following is an example...telecon this morning informing me we need to have c200 recruits ready for a possibly contract award at the end of May guarding an oil pipeline in the Middle East...like we have that many people sitting around waiting for us to call and offer them a job. No details about the breakdown/type of roles, whether they could consider Gurkas or locals etc. Asked lots of questions and requested further info and got a very arsey response. Hmmm they'll learn.....

On the upside I was able to pick the sproglets up from school tonight and they were really pleased to see me...maybe I should go away more often!?! Interesting topic of conversation on the way home, discussion around the recent Methadrone deaths and whether they should criminalise the sale & use of the substance. Playground conversations have changed a bit since my day....

No comments:

Post a Comment