Friday 19 March 2010

After living in Open Plan

I can’t quite get my head round the whole office thing. Not used to having so much space and solitude. Kind of miss people popping in & out and the office banter. Having said that being the total opposite of the London office it does give me chance to catch up with stuff.

Kept my head down today and think I've got a grip on most of the work stuff now. ..well at least until someone throws another spanner in the works! Just glad I've done bid prep/management work in the past. Never thought that experience of preparing a multi £M bid to the MoD for a Radar Threat Warning System would come in handy again....after that this shouldn't pose too much of a problem...once I get them in line ;o)

Had a couple of emails from old colleagues this morning about my previous employer renegotiating the T&Cs including redundancy and the pension scheme :o( Looks like I may have timed my escape well.

2 comments:

  1. I wish Leo luck with that one. I bet the unions will fight it all the way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They may well try Chris but they'd not be doing their members any favours as the current terms are unsustainable if they want to keep the business afloat and actually have employment...just hope they realise that and don't try to paint the wrong picture.

    ReplyDelete