Sunday 15 January 2012

AS revision time

has been seriously sent off-track due to this mothers bad influence. It is not enough for Miss Sensible to try to juggle her AS levels, a part-time job, horse riding and playing sax...due to having been indoctrinated by my ipod catalogue she and a couple of her friends are also trying to perfect a lost art....that of being able to recite the lyrics of the entire 12" version of 'Rappers Delight'....Oh how my misspent youth has come back to haunt me, but it was great fun singing along with her in the car the other night:

"I said a hip hop the hippie the hippie to the hip hip hop, a you don't stop the rock it,

to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat,

now what you hear is not a test - I'm rapping to the beat and me, the groove, and my friends are gonna try to move your feet..."

I can guarantee anyone of a certain age reading this will now have that tune circulating in their head on a loop for the next couple of days... :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment