Thursday 19 January 2012

No BAFTAs

but I have had great fun being in character for the last couple of days. In the preceding couple of days I'd been given a briefing document about my 'persona' as well as a heap of background reading on Irish Travellers, illegal immigrant fruit pickers, Hare Coursing and Animal Rights Groups etc. My orders were to stick to the storyline, be as realistic as possible, but embellish as needed (providing I didn't take things too far!). To ensure things were not too rigid, further instructions were sent periodically by text. I'm not permitted to divulge the full programme for the two days but let's just say that it involved being picked up and guarded by eight strapping booted and suited guys in central Birmingham (bystanders obviously wondering which minor Celeb I might be); being accosted by a reporter hungry for a story re. my pro-blood sports stance like some sort of heinous political activist (whilst passers by took photographs on their phones); and culminating in being shot at in a remote Herefordshire orchard....upon which I realised how seriously unfit I was as one of the guys offered to sling me over his shoulder when I clearly did not scarper quickly enough (even though my chest felt like it was about to explode from the exertion)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment