Tuesday 31 January 2012

Jaw-dropping

Another interesting day this end... We had a temporary cover problem on reception. One of the Managers says 'fret not an ex colleague of mine who's a really good chap is not working at the moment I can get him in at short notice and he'll be great to fill the slot'. 'Great' says I, 'but we don't have time to screen and vet him so he'll need to bring in at least a current Criminal Record Check'. Bright and early this morning he turns up in the office and the minute he passes me his CRB I know I've got a problem as it's more than one page long..... the list of offences runs to three pages including carrying an offensive weapon in a public place, possession of class A drugs, threatening behaviour, actual bodily harm, and considerably more, complete with a stint in one of HMs residential establishments. Guess who had to then tell him he wouldn't be working for us and politely ask him to leave the building....?

No comments:

Post a Comment