Saturday 28 November 2009

After a fairly hectic week I decided I needed to chill so settled down with coffee & the papers. Loads in there about the Dubai financial crisis & this clever cartoon of Palm Island with the letters 'DEBT' at the end of the fronds. Loads of mixed messages about what's going on with the bankruptcy and how Dubai World might be affected. My Middle Eastern 'source' reckons the Central Bank in Abu Dhabi will inject some cash and will probably pick and choose assets they like in Dubai’s cupboard such as the QE2 and possibly Emirates, they've also mentioned an interest in Emaar which owns the Mall & the Marina. Not sure what if any material effect it will have on my contact apart from the possibly the building on his new apartment grinding to a halt until things re-stablise. I guess with the level of excess out there this was bound to hit eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment