Sunday 29 November 2009

Retail therapy - I think not!

Despite warnings from friends such as "Don't do it! Save your soul and shop on the net!!', now I get 25% discount at John Lewis I felt the need to brave Solihull & the posh Brum accents in an attempt to conquer the Xmas shopping. Fought my way through the hoards of people who obviously think that shopping is a leisure activity and potter slowly down the Mall in no particular direction; frustrated by Sales Assistants who can't be arsed to serve customers or shovel an expensive item of clothing into a carrier bag without firstly folding neatly in tissue; irritated by the fact that no one seems to be able to do stock control any more, and if I hear 'everything we've got's already out' in monotone again I may resort to violence....
Now absolutely knackered and think my arms about six inches longer from carrying so many bags! A marathon but successful trip.....need a spot of 'mother's ruin' to wipe away the trauma and deaden the pain from my poor feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment