Tuesday 9 August 2011

Train spotting

Thorough review of timetables, and routings required over the next fortnight as the trains are suspended on the Cotswold bit of the line due to engineering works.

Planning ahead I looked at the replacement bus service timetable and completely fried my brain...If I used that I'd more or less need to turn around and go back as soon as I got into the office so that was a non-starter.

Working from home wasn't an option either due to acting as HR Director...needed to be in the office to crack the whip (metaphorically speaking of course).

One of the guys in my team kindly offered to put me up then take me into work with him on his whopping great BMW bike...gulp!!! Much as it meant I'd get to put my arms around a hunky Paratrooper, I opted to drive up to Birmingham International and go in via Euston. All went according to plan until the rioters disrupted the Tube resulting in me getting home at 9.40pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment