Monday 22 August 2011

There must be easier ways to earn a living...

This job is burning me out. The last fortnight has been hell on wheels as we're doing business as usual in terms of recruitment and mobilisation of new projects but with a team that's now 1/3rd smaller, and I'm also managing a redundancy programme with staff who know very little about the process or legalities, as well as covering for my boss. I like a challenge but this is quite frankly ridiculous and, after yet another 15 hours day, I see no sign of it letting up. I've not really managed to actually start looking for something else but am in the fortunate position of having been approached about a few things:
  1. a local-ish role with nerdy scientists & engineers and I've seen it, done it, so could get boring
  2. a deputy HR Director role with a competitor based in Dubai
  3. a Head of Resourcing role with a large organisation based in the UK but expanding into the Middle East. Been asked if I will go to meet their management in Kuwait and Dubai for a couple of days next month so I can see if I'm interested.

So I need to have a think about stuff and at least knock them on the head so that they stop flying round it my brain with all the other rubbish that's keeping me awake at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment