Tuesday 11 January 2011

In a FTSE 100 company everything will be really professional...

or so I thought, but with the benefit of hind-sight I think the last place I worked was a lot better organised than I'd actually realised plus the IT infrastructure was waaaay more reliable.

We've won a bid...Hurrah! Hmm...might have helped if the Business Development guys had thought about asking us if we could meet the resourcing requirements....Err no...

We need 60 fully trained and vetted Fijians. Do they think we have them freeze-dried on a shelf awaiting hydration!?!? Gnashing of teeth :o/ After a fair few iterations of plans, we've agreed my Ops Manager will go out there for a month to do the recruitment and supervise the training and accreditation. Meanwhile I'll be off to Jersey & Baghdad...not quite on a parr...how does that work..?
Seem to have somehow drawn the short straw again....

No comments:

Post a Comment