Sunday 30 January 2011

Well I'm still here

no lightening flashes or thunderbolts during my brief presence on the alter.

I've struggled to get any momentum this week, and not just due to the funeral or schedule. Two of the more competent members of my team have resigned, the workload's gone through the roof, plus my Ops manager's still in Fiji.

In between it all I did manage a Fish pie and therapy session in Jersey. I do like going there :o)
The MD is a lovely chap, knows the business and everyone it it like the back of his hand and is very pragmatic. It's so nice to have a chilled but productive working environment for a change, and lunch overlooking St. Aubin harbour was fabulous.

Ms. Sensible and I also attended a sixth form open evening. Since she is undecided as to a potential future career, or even course at Uni, we ended up going to see the tutors in; Chemistry, Physics, German, French, Philosophy & Ethics, Sociology, English Lit, History, Maths, Biology, Psychology... favoured subjects being the latter five! However, the school reckon they can't timetable that combination. Teenage angst & a major sulk now on-going, but knowing her determination, she'll try a different tack and probably nobble the guy that does the timetabling to achieve her end game ;o) Tenacity runs in the family, so pull yourself together Frosty...
onwards and upwards...

No comments:

Post a Comment