Monday 24 January 2011

I've been trying not to think too much about this week's schedule it's so packed:
Monday - London
Tuesday - Jersey
Thursday - St.Helens (funeral)
Friday - London
I think it's highly likely I'll need to hit the Red Bull & Pro Plus to get through.

I'm dreading the funeral, not only for the obvious reasons (one of my oldest friend's mother died very unexpectedly), but she's asked me to do a reading....going up to the lectern in a church is not the type of thing I'd normally contemplating doing...the whole Catholic guilt thing kicks in...After years of sitting through sermons telling me that my sins will find me out, it's always felt like a certainty I'd be going down 'there' or at best I might just end up in purgatory (if I'm not there already)...
I'm fully anticipating being smite down by a thunderbolt the minute I step on the altar.

2 comments:

  1. That’s just what I thought last time I went into church. Fortunately my dad’s a minister, so I got a reprieve this once. Good luck with the reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please can I borrow your reprieve card for Thursday!

    ReplyDelete