Monday 31 January 2011

I'm losing it

Workload is unsustainable at the moment and it's really getting me down. Love the job but we're seriously under resourced and I can't help feelng senior management don't 'get it'. My colleague has been trying to keep me buoyant saying, "You'll be fine, you're like the Duracell bunny, just don't stop! I expect that before going to the airport you'll cook dinner from scratch, read a final year essay and critique it, crochet a jumper and commence a "clean water" campaign in 3 poor African countries!"

If only....just been making dinner for the sproglets and just put the cheese away in the cutlery drawer!! Says it all really...


2 comments:

  1. I’m sure the management don’t get it. The ones who used to ‘manage’ me, frequently told me, “Don’t think we don’t know what goes on in this section.” I often wondered if they were trying to convince me or themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds familiar...my bosses response was to ask if I'd got the operating model right rather than look at the reasons for the guys resignations :o/

    Bet you're glad you've escaped!

    ReplyDelete