Monday 20 December 2010

My good friend Mr.Insomnia is back

well to be honest he's been kicking around again for a while now but I keep vainly hoping I've seen the back of him. For all of you who manage 6 hours a night or more don't ever take it for granted...it's really no wonder sleep deprivation was used as a form of torture.

So I woke up in the early hours of the morning again with six million things running through my head like Ticker Tape against a backing track of Gorillaz 'El Manana'. The whole sequence moves so fast I can hardly grasp onto the thoughts never mind work out what I need to do with them. It kind of reminds me of the opening sequence of Monty Python when the head opens and all manner of stuff pours out and morphs into something else. Quite surreal believe me & all created completely without the aid of hallucinogenics!
I do know what the 'elephant in the corner' is that's causing this, but despite my best efforts it's not something I can fix so unfortunately it'll rumble on...

2 comments:

  1. Although I’m sleeping a lot better now, I can completely identify, and it’s horrible :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased you're sleeping better now :o)

    Resisting the magic sleeping potions so far as much as they knock you out for 6/7 hours, I wake with what feels like a mega hangover that lasts half the day.

    ReplyDelete