Wednesday 15 December 2010

Travel...a chore?

twice this week it's definitely felt like it...got up at the crack of dawn, completed ablutions and hauled arse down to station only to find the 6:07a.m. train cancelled....mutter...
Well I guess it gives me a few spare mins in what's already been a manic week to post to the blog and have a second cup of tea...
Although it's completely knackering doing this journey on a regular basis I have to say I still enjoy it most of the time; particularly the Tube...if that's not displaying too much masochistic tendencies ;o) I love people watching could happily sit and do it all day. What could be better than making up your own 'soap'...weighing people up and trying to work out what they do, where they're off to etc. forming impressions and story-lines that are probably highly inaccurate or improbable! For instance, does the chap who gets on in the Cotswolds wearing a Dearstalker work in Baker Street? Who is the lady knitting the beautiful jumper for? On Monday I was mesmerised by a girl with impeccable purple & green make-up (lurid but somehow it worked!)...on her way back from a glam rock party or off to liven up a boring desk job? Then again there's the fashion angle...so many ideas/looks etc.or items to covet - I desperately wanted to ask one woman where she got her gorgeous chocolate leather trench coat. Then there's the Irish lady train driver on the Victoria line who entertains with her comments about the state of the service, peoples' lack of manners and the occasional quip about the forthcoming weekend...some of the more uptight passengers trying to pretend they can't hear her but struggling to stifle a laugh...she should have her own TV show.
Is all of this 'sad' or am I very easily entertained?

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, it’s not sad at all. I love people watching too. I also love the sound of that tube driver on the Victoria Line. Makes me want to go and just travel backwards and forwards on that all day long. She sound brilliant :)
    The enigmatic, masked blogger

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Tube driver is fab...I'd love to let her know how much she brightens up the day.
    Back to the Smoke again tomorrow let's hope she's on duty as it's been a loooong week

    ReplyDelete