Sunday 12 December 2010

Xmas came early

and brought me a
'Burling & Mansfield' piano!
I played as a child and have quietly wanted a piano for ages but seems a bit excessive spending that amount of money particularly as I'm sooo out of practice. Anyway, one was advertised on the local Freecycle which was too good an opportunity to miss. I could hardly believe I managed to get it, but that was only the start of the hassle....

A man with a van had to be found, then persuade a couple of muscly men that they didn't mind losing an hour or two of their weekend.
Chez Frosty's steep, sweeping driveway is not the easiest to navigate but it turned out the one at the start point was not any better and access to the house was a serious issue.

'Man with van' was heard to mutter if he'd known it was this bad he wouldn't have taken the job! Fortunately he had principles plus an inbuilt 'completer:finisher' work ethic so with a fair amount of hassle & heave-ho the pianoforte is now proudly sitting in the lounge.

Needs a bit of a polish but it's in decent tune so I'm 'dead chuffed' :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment