Tuesday 1 February 2011

Spent last night in the company of the first male permitted into my bedroom and on whose dulcet tones I've always hung.

Ever since I first heard 'Virginia Plain' donkeys years ago I've been a confirmed 'Roxy' girl. Bryan and the boys are part of my staple listening and had a major influence on my dress sense. I loved the whole 'glam rock/art house look' as Frosty photo albums will attest.

So last night I abandoned the sproglets and mutt to spend a couple of hours mesmerised by a 60+ year old lounge lizard and his crew at Birmingham's LP Arena. They performed loads of their back catalogue bringing back memories places I'd been, friends of old, young romance etc...really evocative stuff... Spot on in terms of musical performance, and smooth, suave and sophisticated as ever....simply brilliant :o)

2 comments:

  1. Is Bryan wearing well, Frosty? I always liked him too. Oddly enough, my brother’s father-in-law is the splitting image of Bryan.

    I saw Steve Harley in London last summer. He’s still performing well, but it’s not easy looking at him knowing he wears a toupee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryan is wearing very well...got a better colourist than Paul McCartney ;o)
    I did chuckle when I read your comment about Steve Harley...love him too but like you say, hard to take him seriously as the once cool dude he was now he wears a 'syrup'....I remember him doing 'Judy Teen' on TOTP

    ReplyDelete