Wednesday 16 February 2011

How did we ever manage without

I am a total an absolute convert. Fragmented telephone calls, long-distance reverberating echos are now a thing of the past.

Until I installed the programme I'd struggled to keep in touch with the sproglets whilst I was in the Middle East other than via Facebook (yep, I know it's the comms medium for teenagers but...). Mobile phone signals over there are precarious to say the least and it's not ideal having to stand in the middle of open spaces in Basra!

On the work front it's meant it's way more straight-forward to reach a massively geographically dispersed candidate pool. Today I've conducted interviews with people in Iraq, Australia and both coasts of the US without having to leave the comfort of home. Plus it's free!

The only possible negative is the video capability...means I can't stay in my PJs ;o)

2 comments:

  1. I keep hearing wonderful things about Skype. The only person I’d use it with, would be my sister, and I have a feeling I’d see more of her dog and cat than her, so I won’t bother :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with Skype, it's the main way we keep in touch with family back home. If not for Skype my kids would forget who their relatives are, and we can't have that.

    It's the best. I don't know what we did without it.

    ReplyDelete