Saturday 19 February 2011

Ups & downs

UP > Had a fab night out with Paddy the auditor on Thursday. We'd both had a pretty 'pants' day so made an impromptu decision to go for dinner and ended up in a great Spanish restaurant eating Tapas and consuming reasonable quantities of Sangria. As a consequence the plan to review 56 CVs accompanied by room service in the hotel went out of the window...apologies to affected applicants.

UP & DOWN > Despite me raising concerns about the feasibility of the bid we've been doing for a Russian company, the top dog has signed it off, so if we win it, it looks like I might need to apply for a visa and head off to Moscow next month. On the one hand I'm excited...always wanted to go there...and on the other, I know it's going to be a complete & utter nightmare of a job.

UP > The last bunch of Fijians now have visas so I can breath a sigh of relief that they're not going to be stranded in the UAE and go on the razz in Dubai, and Iraq will finally have all the resources they need to mobilise the project next week. Yay! Success!!

DOWN > A further group of personnel at my last workplace have been put at risk of redundancy. I know a lot of these guys personally as they worked for me when I was a Project Manager years ago and, without exception, they're highly competent individuals. The new management have ripped the heart out of that business...makes me sad on so many levels.

DOWN, DOWN, DEEPER & DOWN (bit of Quo) > Didn't get in from London until 10.40pm last night...some numpty had stolen the signalling cables near Evesham so I was stuck on the train in the middle of the Cotswolds for a couple of hours...not the bestest end to the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment