Sunday 14 February 2010

Sick buckets at the ready...

anyone who knows me, knows as a true Northerner I really don't do 'mushy' stuff but for today it really struck me how much I needed to thank a few people without whom I would have been a wibbly jelly by now, so at the risk sounding like a bad Oscar acceptance speech...
  • Major thanks to 'the girlies' without whom I would surely have fallen apart since last October. Your support and humour is without compromise. How would I cope without you all?
  • The Work Based Counsellor is owed huge debt for putting up with my moaning messages & random tearful phone calls - I will always be grateful for you being there and providing the voice of common sense & numerous Mochas.
  • Smelen & Auntie Ashton for sticking with me & my varied antics for the last 20+ years and always being there whenever/however needed. How've you managed it?
  • Mrs Ferret (sorry Seonaid I couldn't think of a suitable pseudonym) & Green Fingers for the down to earth advice you can both always be relied on to provide.
  • de Velde who not formally part of the cast list, has inadvertently demonstrated that children love their parents despite their quirks, faults & failings which gave me hope that my kids would not think their mum had completely lost the plot.
& last but by no means least, Sue, who although no longer with us showed bravery, fortitude & was an inspiration as well a catalyst - feel sure you are looking down on us and smiling :o)

So in the vein of true Luvvie-dom....love you all Darlings !!!!! xxxxx

7 comments:

  1. Sniff sniff pass the kleenex!!! Joking apart will miss you loads xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You can't get rid of me that easily - what would I do without the girlies nights out to keep me sane? I'll still be residing in the 'vern apart from the odd jaunt ('odd' being the operative word ;o) plus there's email and although it's a security company I bet their firewall is not the equivalent of 'virtual purgatory' like my current employers! Not sure I'll be able to use the mobile whilst in Afghanistan or Iraq though :o/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind the ferret bit but can you drop the "Mrs" bit.

    Thanks for your help over the years and just for listening when things/people get too much. Will miss you lots. Conragtulations and best wishes for the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ferret,
    I can drop the Mrs. if you like...but somehow that sounds derogatory. Struggled to come up with something suitable. Would you prefer to be the Tartan Tyrant?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That one made me laugh, especially after the day I've had. I was providing feedback on PM performance at project reviews - they all think they're wonderful and can't see there's room for improvement. Reminds me of X factor at times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lets settle on TT (Tartan Terror)

    ReplyDelete