Sunday 28 February 2010

Random mutterings afore she goes forth

Ms Sensible & Minor Mayhem have been trying to decide if the 'childminders' have sufficient culinary skills to cover a varied & acceptable selection of meals for each day of my weeks absence...the voting is in...& it's a 'maybe'...

My phone has been loaded with every conceivable number I might need...not that I've got any idea whether it's possible to use it out there and the Netbook has been installed with Skype & webcam, ditto phone comment.

Keep checking & re-checking my flight details...still in shock at being sent Business Class! Feel convinced someone is going to ring up and tell me it's all been a joke. Way different to previous employer's travel policy.

The itinerary for Kabul accounts for every minute of every day I'm there with loads of detailed information relating to precisely what I am doing, & who is looking after me. I have the distinct impression they see me as a cross between a frail damsel & Paddington Bear before he met the Browns. From the documentation it also looks like I'll have to learn a new language, there are shed loads of indecipherable acronyms & phrases like "Rotary moves"...I guess that'd be helicopter journeys to us mere mortals.

Hidden in the depths of the instructions is an unsubtle request for supplies of tea bags...Tetley's - specifically the round ones with the holes in them - apparently these are for the in-country management. I wonder if this is an initiative test to check I've read the paperwork ;o) Mrs. W informs me that these very items are on offer in Somerfield at this present moment. So a quick stock up is required before packing. Better make sure I've procured an ample sufficiency to keep everyone happy....working on the premise it's amazing what people will do for a good cuppa ;o)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds a most excellent plan! Must make sure I double wrap it in case it bursts in the case...don't want to spend a week stinking of yeast as I somehow don't think that's the impact/reputation I want on starting a new job!

    ReplyDelete