Wednesday 17 February 2010

Surreal

Talk about people realising you there's a chance you might actually know what you're talking about at the 11th hour... had 2hrs 45 mins with a guy discussing my project (hence no lunch), at the end of which he said "this is really useful stuff"!?!

People kept coming into the office and asking if it were true I was off, then following it up with "I'm not surprised", "can't believe you've lasted this long" etc. Someone commenting on my tenacity to stick with the project described me as being 'the Terrier of Resource Planning'...is that really supposed to be some form of compliment??

Late afternoon I ran round acting as a human pin cushion (Hep A, Hep B, Typhoid, Tetanus, Polio and Diphtheria), then getting passport photos and sending my passport off for the necessary Visas! Felt like an initiative test against the clock.

Feel rough now...sore arms and pretty queasy :o(

2 comments:

  1. It is a fact of life that people don't know what they've got til it's gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too true! That goes for a lot of things - ironically had a phone conversation earlier which confirmed it.
    Nope, I won't re-visit...made me ill last time!

    ReplyDelete