Saturday 25 September 2010

Clone required

Been one helluva week work-wise. The boss is signed off sick so myself and a colleague are sharing her workload which necessitated me being in London for four days...two of them I commuted the usual 3.5 hours journey each way, but I couldn't face that for the rest of the week so felt a stop-over was required. Ha! London Fashion week put pay to that. A reasonably priced hotel couldn't be found for love nor money. Fortunately a workmate came to the rescue and offered me board & lodgings, and very nice it was too but it has to be said I am going to spend this weekend doing the minimum possible!


3 comments:

  1. At the beginning of the year we had the manager, deputy manager and administrator off for weeks. An office staff of five was reduced to just two people for a time. But, fortunately, no commuting to London, thankfully.
    The enigmatic, masked blogger strikes again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that circumstances or bad planning...whichever you have my sympathy. No sign of boss returning and also colleague now out on leave for a fortnight...best not think about things....could be forced to throw a 'sickie' if I didn't know what would face me when I returned ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Circumstances. The manager was off with bells palsy. The administrator’s mother died (in Slovakia). And the deputy finally went off with stress.
    The enigmatic, masked blogger strikes again

    ReplyDelete