Monday 6 September 2010

Up since 1.27am.

Insomnia’s been back with a vengeance for the last couple of weeks. Nothing worse than lying in bed, tossing & turning and watching the clock slowly edge forward to the alarm call knowing you’ve got a heavy week ahead of you. As you’d guess I’ve got ‘stuff’ on my mind and much as I might try to distract myself and bury it, it’s there like an elephant in the corner of the room. Ironically when I’m lying awake it’s not the 'biggie' which occupies my thoughts, my brain kicks into life and manically throws up all kinds of trivia, never stopping long enough to actually focus on one thing, almost as if the constant activity is purposely trying to distract from thinking about what’s actually bothering me, meanwhile in the background there’s always music; this morning laughably it was ‘Compulsion’ by Doves. Wonder if I'll fall asleep at my desk today and even more importantly how long this spell of sleeplessness will last…might have to resort to the magic sleeping draught tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Funny I had precisely that sort of night last night too. I tried to think of things in the flat that begin with each letter of the alphabet, but got stuck on “G” and started thinking about all those other little things again instead. So much for good intentions.
    The enigmatic, masked blogger strikes again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...'G'...that could well be the source of the problem....

    ReplyDelete