Monday 13 September 2010

Sleep deprivation

again...I reckon could become completely fixated by the lack of shut-eye....

So here I am in London. The company have booked me into my usual hotel (the Grosvenor). When I got to my room I was delighted to see that unlike the usual shoe box I frequently get allocated, I'd been given a decent sized room. That glow of satisfaction was short-lived when I realised the traffic noise generated from being positioned on the corner of Victoria coach and rail station, was also combined with a jack hammer which was being used to dig up the road allegedly for Tube improvements :o/ Eventually I became accustomed to the background noise and, perhaps lulled by it, dropped off.....only to be rudely awoken at 3.08am. by a text from Strident Student informing me she had now safely & happily arrived in Greece! Needless to say it wasn't long after that that the station and buses kicked back into life and that was it in terms of kip....

No comments:

Post a Comment