Saturday 25 September 2010

I had a life once...& have evidence to prove it...

Spent half the morning up in the loft. The stables are closed this weekend as one of the family who owns it is getting married, so for once Miss Sensible's actually at home. For some unknown reason, the sprog who normally can think of nothing outside the equine world suddenly decided it was desperately necessary to rummage through my old frocks to see if there was anything suitable for her to wear for her end of school prom next year. Advance planning or what?? or perhaps the chance to put aside homework for a few hours ;o) Anyway we ventured up into deepest recesses of the roof void and located the carefully stored items, then began rooting out all kinds of beautiful things, little black dresses, sequined cocktail affairs, formal gowns...talk about nostalgia...got stuff up there I'd completely forgotten about, and all manner of long lost memories of events & people bubbled to the surface. Ended up being a bit of a trip through Mum's past...no luck in terms of finding anything suitable but a lovely way of spending a few hours & we both highly enjoyed it.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like a bit of nostalgia. But, wow, that is advanced planning. How old is the sprog? Most girls I know of school age would change their mind continually throughout the prom evening, let alone the year preceding it.
    The enigmatic, masked blogger strikes again

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a big problem, over the years clothes do seem to shrink.

    Miss Sensible sounds far more grown up than me, and I’m in my forties. If she fancies a Masquerade ball, maybe I should lend her my mask (if only I really had one)
    The enigmatic, masked blogger strikes again

    ReplyDelete