Friday 3 September 2010

Re-visited a previous life today

I sneaked back into my old employers in order to attend a presentation to my ex-boss who has opted for voluntary redundancy. Felt quite surreal having to get a pass from reception then wander across the site seeing familiar places and people...even stranger seeing someone else sitting at my old desk!

Loads of people I know are on their way out of the organisation either through VR or on a compulsory basis. It feels so sad to see the place as quiet as it is now and think back to when I first started there many moons ago.

So as the clock ticks toward the completion of the consultation period at the end of September, everyone is trying to make light of the situation with invitations to events such as 'not the last supper', 'practice leaving do', and 'so long shindig' but there are already strong rumours of waves 3 & 4 of further job cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment